Your Personal Information
- The LCM will collect and maintain in our database and files certain personally identifiable information from you only when you provide it to use on a voluntary basis, for example, when you make an enquiry, contact us, subscribe to publications, use an opt-in mailing list, or agree to be interviewed or photographed.
- You can choose not to provide your personal information or you may just want to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. If this happens, we may not be able to provide you with the product you asked for or give you the level of service you expect.
Use of Information
- The LCM may use your personally identifiable information for the purpose of IT mailing, to improve our website, for providing a service to you and for system administration.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect or use is accurate, complete, up to date, stored in a secure environment and accessible only by authorised persons.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit or receive from our online service. These activities are conducted at your own risk. As soon as we receive your transmission we make our best efforts to ensure its security.
- We will not share any information about you with third parties, except as provided by the Privacy Act.
- If personal information is sent overseas the Little Company of Mary will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the overseas recipient will either handle the personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principle (APPs) or in accordance with an enforceable law that protects personal information in a way similar to the APPs.
- If you do not want your personally identifiable information to be used on our website, or for promotional purposes, you may contact the Region at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may always review your personally identifiable information and may change, update or correct it as needed in line with legislation. To do this you should email the Region at email@example.com
- The safety of children is very important to us.
- We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their contact with us. Whilst we make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s internet usage.
- Our cookies contain no personally identifiable information, but are small alphanumeric text files transferred from our website to your hard drive to facilitate access to and use of our site. They may also provide us with aggregate statistical information about site usage.
- You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
- To disable or clear your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
Notifiable Data Breaches
- If there is a notifiable Data breach, the Little Company of Mary will notify the affected individual and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you are unhappy with how your personal information is handled, accessed, stored, or disseminated, you can make a complaint in the following manner:
- Set out the complaint in writing to the Privacy Officer, who will deal with the complaint in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- If you are not satisfied you may appeal to the Privacy Sub-Committee of the Little Company of Mary.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may appeal to the Region Leader for a review of the Committee’s decision.
- Complaints made under the Commonwealth Privacy Act may appeal to the Privacy Commissioner.
Region Administration Centre
PO Box 789
Hurstville BC, NSW, 1481